Which Anal Sex Positions Are Best for Beginners?
Many women are curious about anal sex, but are scared about comfort and safety issues. Some women who are unwilling to try anal sex with their current partner may have had a bad experience with an impatient or ignorant lover in the past.
However, anal sex can be very pleasurable for women because the rectum shares a wall with the vagina, and the sexual nerves are actually closer on that side, which makes the sensation unique, stronger and quite possibly orgasmic. My post Anal Sex from a Female Perspective describes what anal sex feels like for a woman. If you want to try anal sex with your wife or girlfriend, but are uncertain of her reaction, use the approach I recommend in How to Make Her Want Anal Sex.
For those couples trying anal sex for the first time, choosing the best position may make the difference between a painful or pleasurable experience.
1) Doggie Style is probably the most commonly thought of anal sex position. The woman kneels on all fours, and the man approaches from the rear. Though this is the most common anal position, it’s not necessarily the most comfortable, or the best beginner position, as the woman tends to tighten up her anus in this position.
2) Flying Doggie is a variation of the popular doggie style position. The man stands behind the woman and places his feet outside the legs of the woman. You’ll find that the man will be positioned higher and will be inserting into the anus in a more downward fashion.
3) In the Wheelbarrow position, the man approaches the woman from behind, similar to doggie stye, but lifts the woman’s legs into the air. The woman must support herself with her arms only, or lie flat on a bed or chair.
4) The Anal Drop position puts the woman on top and the man on the bottom. You might think that this would be the best beginner position since it gives the woman control over the depth and speed of penetration, but being on top causes the woman to involuntarily tighten up her anus, making penetration difficult.
5) In the Anal Kama Sutra position, the man lies flat on his back with the woman on top, facing the man’s feet. The woman should lean as far toward the feet as possible and then commence pumping. This angle tends to maximize anal pleasure for the woman while delaying orgasm for the man.
6) Side Anal is a good beginner position. The woman lies on one side, and the man approaches from the rear. The woman can relax her anus, and the man can easily access the entire anal area.
7) The Missionary position (man on top, woman on bottom) is the best beginner position for anal sex. It allows the woman to fully relax her anus, making penetration much easier. The woman lies face up with a pillow under her pelvis and her legs pulled up. The man should kneel or lie facing the woman and insert at an angle that is comfortable to both. In this position, the woman can relax several muscles necessary for pleasurable anal sex.
Women are often just as excited as men to be venturing into the anal aspect of sex. Many couples find that anal sex is a tremendous tool to enhance their regular sex activities. It’s a unique feeling that is completely different to vaginal sex and worth experimenting with.
My book Anal Sex Secrets is a guide to great anal sex for both anal sex beginners and for couples who are searching for new things to try. To find out more about it, click here.