About Me

I came to the U.S. at age of 12 with my mother. We settled in sunny Florida, which was quite a contrast to Minsk. I have always been fascinated by sex and relationships. Sex Secrets is where I share sex advice, experiences, news, and sometimes a little humor. If you have a question about sex that you prefer not to post in the comments, you can email me at svetlanaivano(at)yahoo.com.

Google Translator

    Translate from:

    Translate to:

masturbation

Orgasm Relieves Restless Leg Syndrome

The internet is abuzz about the research study which found that restless leg syndrome (RLS) can be relieved by flooding the brain with dopamine, which is released through masturbation.

Too much of it will make you go blind – or so you might have been told. But for some, masturbation might have a real clinical benefit: it can ease restless leg syndrome (RLS). The insight could provide sweet relief for the 7 to 10 per cent of people in the US and Europe who suffer from the condition.

However, most of the articles are misleading because of their emphasis on masturbation as a treatment for RLS. Though the researchers had subjects masturbate in their experiment, it’s orgasm, not masturbation itself, that relieves the symptoms of restless leg symptom.

An orgasm provides one of the biggest natural blasts of dopamine available to us. When Gert Holstege at the University of Groningen, the Netherlands, and colleagues scanned the brains of ejaculating men, he said the resulting images resembled scans of heroin rushes. Read more

So, if you suffer from RLS, any sex act that results in an orgasm could relieve your symptoms. You don’t have to treat yourself. You can make your partner your therapist!

The Top 10 Reasons Women Watch Porn

Men, who often can’t find sex partners, have always watched porn in order to enhance their masturbation. However, millions of women, who usually don’t have any trouble finding sex partners, also are watching porn. Why? Susannah Breslin lists the top ten reasons women watch porn.

Recently, it was revealed that 17 members of the SEC were downloading large quantities of porn at work while the nation’s economy was going down the toilet. The real shocker? While many who heard the story assumed—unthinkingly—all of those SEC employees were men, at least one of them was a woman. “The female accountant tried to access online pornography from her office laptop nearly 1,800 times in two weeks,” Forbes reports. “She also had 600 sexually explicit images saved on her hard drive.” And that, my friends, is a lot of porn. The lessons to be learned? 1. Don’t download porn at work. 2. Women watch porn, too. Previously, we gave you the top 10 reasons men watch porn. Now, we present to you the top 10 reasons women watch porn. Read more

Frequent Masturbation Linked to Early Prostate Cancer

A new study links frequent masturbation by men when in their 20s and 30s to development of prostate cancer before the age of 60. However, for men over 50, masturbation seems to protect against prostate cancer.

A new study finds men who are sexually active in their 20s and 30s are more likely to develop prostate cancer — especially if they masturbate frequently.

The message, perhaps: Hold off until middle age.

The study also found that frequent sexual activity in a man’s 40s appears to have little effect and even small levels of sexual activity in a man’s 50s could offer protection from the disease. Most of the differences were attributed to masturbation rather than sexual intercourse. Read more

How Women Can Learn to Have an Orgasm with Intercourse

Surveys reveal that only about 30 percent of women have orgasms with intercourse, but most of the other 70 percent could develop this ability if they only knew how. Women who are already orgasmic with masturbation, manual stimulation by a partner, or oral sex can learn to transfer this ability to vaginal intercourse. Though all orgasms are pleasurable, climax with your man deep inside you is uniquely satisfying. Continue reading

Recent Comments

  • BOB: FUR
  • Svetlana Ivanova: If a woman doesn’t want to please the man she’s with, she’s with the wrong man.
  • Jane Doe: This article not only implies that all men want submissive partners, it tells women to take on a persona....
  • Svetlana Ivanova: It isn’t misogynistic at all. It’s realistic and sex-positive.
  • Misty: This is one of the most misogynistic articles I’ve ever read, and I’m surprised you, a...
  • Svetlana Ivanova: Clothes are a human invention, not an evolutionary development, and the extent to which they were...
  • RickyP: About the evolution thing, wouldn’t penis size be more obvious if it were the “bright...
  • Ryan: Youkai, how could you have been remembering when you had such parts if you were born male? Or were you born...
  • frank: coming
  • Wes: Still one of my favorite positions. The wife gets bored with it after awhile, but indulges me. The article had a...