Analingus: The Dark Kiss
Analingus, also known as anilingus, the “dark kiss,” or rimming, is oral stimulation of the anus. For many people, analingus is a sensuous experience, both on the giving and the receiving end. Some say there is nothing as arousing as having a warm, soft tongue and lips stimulating them in such an intimate area, and those who love to give it find the experience equally as arousing. Because the anus is packed with sensitive nerve endings, analingus can produce exquisite, erotic sensations.
Analingus can also be a great introduction to the sensation of anal stimulation For men and women who enjoy being anally penetrated, analingus is a delicious tease for the main course to come, and for men who are apprenensive about anal penetration, with analingus they can comfortably experience anal stimulation to see if they might like it.
Cleanliness is even more of a issue with analingus than with genital oral sex. Taking a bath or shower together is a relaxing form of foreplay and will allow your partner to get squeaky clean. You or your partner should thoroughly soap the butt and anus, inserting a finger into the rectum, and rinsing thoroughly with warm water.
The easiest position for analingus is with the receiver on all fours. This way you can gently spread their butt cheeks with your hands, and see everything clearly as you dip your tongue in and out. Doggie-style licking also provides a erotic rear view, and allows you to squeeze, rub, and pull on other areas as you lick. Those receivers with lower back pain or mobility issues can compensate by lying on their stomachs with pillows under their hips, comfortably raising their butts for easy licking.
Begin analingus by gently kissing and licking their butt cheeks as they slope inwards toward the crack. Work your way closer into the furrow, taking your time to let them get used to the sensation, or to tease them if you know they like it. You can have your partner reach back and pull their own butt cheeks apart, which will greatly help you and make it less tiring and easier for you to lick.
You can make your first contact with the anus in several ways:
- Kiss the anus directly.
- With the tip of your tongue, lightly lick in a circle around the rim of the anal opening – “rimming” it.
- Lick the entire furrow with a flattened tongue from top to bottom like an ice cream cone.
- Press your flattened tongue against the opening and hold it there, and then slowly start to move it in an up-and-down or an in-and-out massage.
You should try all of these to see what they your partner likes. Since different people like different techniques, experiment with the ones below also to see which ones your partner enjoys the most.
- Gently flick the tip of the tongue across the outer rim of the anus.
- Push your tongue against the anus, and then remove it, as though you were ringing a doorbell.
- Use your tongue to lick completely across the anus.
- Insert your tongue as far into the anus as you can, then probe around with the tip. After some gentle probing, the sphincter muscles should begin to relax and allow deeper exploration.
Most people won’t orgasm by analingus alone, so you should keep it fairly brief or keep them stimulated in some other way at the same time. Whether analingus is the main course, a spicy side dish, or an appetizer for anal penetration. if both partners approach it with openness and enthusiasm, they will be rewarded with unequaled enjoyment.
My book Anal Sex Secrets is a guide to great anal sex for both anal sex beginners and for couples who are searching for new things to try. To find out more about it, click here.